fot

Ventilated blocks, etcetera.

To: "friends of triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ventilated blocks, etcetera.
From: "A.J.Wood" <wood@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:32:36 +0100
Amici-
 Check your dipsticks!  We have witnessed more than one 4-cyl motor trashed
thanks to the doodad on the dipstick which holds the felt washer moving up the
stick when the brazed joint fails. You think the sump's full, but it's not, in
fact, it can be up to 2 litres short of oil. Compare sticks & adjust. This
also afflicts the 6-cyl motors- there are two different sticks-
Trust me here! No idea why, but one gives a full reading when you're over a
litre short.
  So- pour into your engine the quantity that Stanley Part recommends, and if
the stick says otherwise, think again.
 $0.02 worth, but $5,000 worth.....
   Jon Wood   seen it, mended it.