fot

TR 4-Cyl carb problems

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: TR 4-Cyl carb problems
From: "T.R. Scratchings" <wob@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:08:52 +0100
Hi Bill-
  Your 5200-5400 rpm problem is indeed caused by vibration. I believe it's a
vertical couple present in all in-line fours. We watched the jets in a TR-3
disappear downwards on the dyno at 5200 till they were on full rich, giving
a "brick wall" misfire. That's against some fairly hefty return springs. We
lockwired the jets up temporarily, then found a means of suspending the SU's
flexibly - well, nobody rigid mounts Webers on 4-pot motors,do they? The
transformation was quite something. I have a kit of parts to attach the SU's
on a double "O" ring sandwich plate; takes a bit of fitting, but it's worth
it. The float chambers were of course soft mounted on both H6 and HS6, but
not the carb bodies themselves...
  Jon                        Classic Racecraft