fot

Re: Spacers and spindles report

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: Spacers and spindles report
From: "A.J. & C. Wood" <wood@dandrade.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 22:27:26 +0100
Agreed - good feedback. Now try 12" rotors! This set up does require
constant maintenance, but we all do that anyway, don't we......?
The original nuts are of poor quality, the "D" washers are variable. I would
think a 1/2" UNF thread on the stub axle plus an ARP quality washer & good
nut would do the trick. Look at the diff nose: 5/8" UNF with the same size
shims,at huge torque, which chew up at 0.003" quite fast. The answer is to
eliminate the shims , then apply large torque to the spindle nut.
   ALSO!  Fit new drums & shoes - the TR brakes can't compensate for wear in
the drums. Sedan or Stag brakes can.
      Two shillings worth
         JW CR  #40