fot

TR 6 Silicone Valve Cover Gasket WILL BE AT TRIUMPHEST

To: Triumph Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR 6 Silicone Valve Cover Gasket WILL BE AT TRIUMPHEST
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:11:40 -0700
Friends,

I finally have the TR6-type prototype silicone valve cover gasket  mold
back from the CNC machine shop and I'm beginning a small test run of
gaskets.  The first off the mold this evening was quite impressive.  It
is my hope to have them to show and possibly to sell at Triumphest.
 Barring any unforeseen hold-ups, after Triumphest,  I will likely be
accepting mail/internet orders, etc.

There will be two versions:  The street version is similar to the TR4
type gasket, however, it must be glued to your valve cover via provided
silicone sealer.  As the gasket is molded to fit your cover, there will
be no fumbling in the process of gluing the gasket.  It will be quite
straightforward, simple, and foolproof.  Once the sealant cures, you'll
be able to take your cover on and off at will... probably for years to
come.

The racing version, is the exact same gasket with a steel insert inside.
 This gasket does not need to be glued to your valve cover.  "Trick"
only begins to describe it.  Unfortunately, I will not have this version
ready in time for Triumphest, but I will have an early prototype to
show, etc.

"street vs. racing" are not really the right words... as the gasket
without the insert, glued to the valve cover, provides just as good a
seal as the latter.  The difference is simply the ability to remove the
gasket... transfer it to other covers, etc...   The steel insert adds
significantly to the cost of the gasket.

The TR6 type gasket was specifically designed to fit the lip on a stock
cover, but I believe I have managed to design into the gasket the
ability to work on the aluminum covers.   I worked from dimensions
provided via FOT, etc...  Subsequently, I have not had an opportunity
yet to test the gasket on such a cover, but my confindence level is high
that the gaskets will work equally well on the aftermarket covers.
Perhaps an FOT, attending Triumphest, could bring along a cover?

I should have pricing and further details put together by Triumphest.
Thank you all for your patience.

Sincerely,

Justin Wagner
J. M. Wagner Sales, Ltd.