fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #971

To: Editorgary@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #971
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:35:52 EDT
In a message dated 10/02/2003 9:17:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
Editorgary@aol.com writes:

> Seems like VSCDA is missing a bet. Out here on the left coast, Laguna Seca
> has same restrictions on number of "public" weekends. When HMSA races there
> on
> club weekends, they sell an "associate" membership at the gate for $10.

Gary:

I'm pretty sure VSCDA does similar.  VSCDA is a 'paragraph C' Not for Profit
corporation, and as such is very sensitive to having the vast majority of its
income (i.e., 85%+) come from it membership.  This is critical for them to
stay legal.  Hence, entries to VSCDA events must come from VSCDA members.  I'll
have to ask Judy Cull, our clerk of the works, how she does that, but I'll be
surprised if it is not similar to what you have described.  My initial comments
were for accommodating FOT people who want to attend.  Just seems like we
will have enough FOT entries that will still have some crew space available.  I
know we have three FOT entries in our paddock, and I know all of our crew space
has not been listed yet.

Bill