fot

RE: Need Information on unique aftermarket Spitfire Hardtop

To: "J M Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>,
Subject: RE: Need Information on unique aftermarket Spitfire Hardtop
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:14:44 -0700
Justin,

Way back in 1975, my first car was a 1970 Spitfire Mk3. Soon after buying
the car, I purchased a book titled, "Tuning Standard-Triumphs up to 1300cc",
by Richard Hudson-Evans.  I distinctly remember a photo in that book of a
Spitfire with just the kind of bolt-on fastback top you are describing.  As
I recall, it was made by a British company.  Unfortunately, I don't have any
other info.  I don't even have the book anymore; I think I gave it to the
folks who bought the Spitfire (I had married, we had a baby on the way, we
had the 1970 Spitfire and a 1973 GT6, so one had to go so we could purchased
a "family" car - so it goes...)

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6