fot

RE: Midwest Council "That Loooong Race"

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Midwest Council "That Loooong Race"
From: "Jeffery Senty" <gp89@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 05:09:06 -0500
Yes, the British presence was strong in both vintage and production.
Many thank you's to Tom Strange for the shelter !!!! It became a full
blown Spitfire shop after third gear went bad during Saturday's vintage
race. Tom,Scott,Jim thank you,your help made the difference. Glade
Snodgrass and his beautiful daughter Shantel made the task seem easy. By
nine that night we had it ready for Sunday's enduro. The determination
award would have to be Glade's. During qualifying at 10 am Glade dropped
a valve, it left #3 piston with a hole and a bent pushrod. Three fifteen
they call group 6 to grid. Three thirty Glade makes last call. He
proceeds to finish 11th even after spinning on turn one on the last lap.
With large field of around 40 and heavy traffic I finished 26th. The ol'
blue spit ran great turning 1:31's.
 Best race of the day? The Big Wheel race! My grandson Hunter who is
five was put in with six and seven year olds. He SMOKED them!

See ya next year!
Jeff Senty
Gp89blue
And all that stuff