fot

To Ram Pipe or Not to Ram Pipe...that is the question

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: To Ram Pipe or Not to Ram Pipe...that is the question
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:36:18 -0800
Okay,
yeah...I know we covered this 2 weeks ago, but I was sleeping then...or in the
garage or something...

I finally broke down and found a set of 1.5" carb to put on the spitfire.  I
plan on having the manifold ported and then the full race modifications to the
carbs.  But the real question, to use long ram pipes or short ones.  I'm
pretty sure there is room for the long ones, but I could be wrong.  Second,
who makes the best ram pipes, there are several different makers and all
appear to be slightly different.

the set I have on the HS2's are the short variety and have the rolled edge and
seem to be quite nice...but then they are 25 years old.

Oh...and the hs2's and ported manifold are going up for sale to help cover the
cost of modifications the hs4 stuff.  The manifold has a nice port job and the
carbs have only had the throttle shafts thinned and the burrs taken out of the
flow path.  I may keep the needle's jets but that is still dependant.  The
shafts have been bored and use delrin bushings, but a slight error in heat
judgement from myself have melted the bushings (don't ask, it was midnight and
I was running late).  I can get...anybody have an idea what hs2 setups are
going for now adays?

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9