fot

Modern car systems (was LR V8 TR7)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Modern car systems (was LR V8 TR7)
From: BRITPAC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:16:04 EST
Bill D, you're right: I might have to deal with modern vehicle computerized
systems at work, but my TR3 still runs points.

It's amazing the Rover V8 is still being produced, when you think about
everything they had to do to it to keep it emissions legal. Just how many
pushrod
V8's are available any more?

Ford is abandoning active support on every Land Rover built before '03. Land
Rover owners can't get major parts for '95's now. When I bought this place 10
years ago you could still build an old Series truck out of new parts from
stock. Yet, there are more parts for far fewer TR3's than ever before, and the
factory and dealer network is long since gone.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Steve Hedke
Team Scrappy