fot

Women Racing Triumphs

To: "Simon Rasmussen" <Simon@telephonestogo.ca>, "FOT"
Subject: Women Racing Triumphs
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 21:53:17 -0500
Simon,

Had a few minutes so I looked for and actually
found a book in my collection entitled:

"Women in Sports Car Competition" by Evelyn Mull.
Published in 1958 by Sports Car Press, NY, NY

The book is a small soft-jacket primarily a "how-to"
with limited references/pix of actual women racers of the day.

There are two BxW pictures of women racers with their TRs.

Page 29 - Identified as Doc Hoppe (Mrs Ned Yarter) in a Tu-Tone
TR.(#167).  Caption: "She and husband are friendly rivals, generally
never more than one trophy behinf each other.  She has recently
turned pro."

Page 56 - Identified as Marjorie A. Hyre next to a similar Tu-Tone
TR, but with a different number (#156)  Caption: "When asked 'Does
your husband race?' She answered: 'I'll say he does.  Being single
I haven't caught him yet."

Hope that is useful to you.

Bill Sohl