fot

Re: floor jacks

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: floor jacks
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:33:39 -0800 (PST)
Having recently spent close to an hour getting my street/autox GT6+
up on stands, I'm looking for a jack to replace my sears floor
jack. The problem that I see with all these low-saddle jacks
is that the low section is fairly short - certainly not long enough
to reach all the way under the radiator and front rollback and
finally get to the crossmember behind. I much prefer to jack one
end at one point and get two stands underneath, rather than
having to do four corners - partially because I have a lot of
clearance in the garage and the front and back but not so
much side to side.

Am I missing something here?

(BTW, another jack that I've been considering:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/DWKS/POR_DWKS_ACHyd1_main.htm