fot

Re: RHD TR4 Steering rack

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>,
Subject: Re: RHD TR4 Steering rack
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:08:40 +1300
The TR4 with ally rack mounts uses the same rack body as the early Heralds
(up to 1961), and apart from the body and the pinion a LHD and RHD rack use
the same parts. TR4A and later cars use a later Herald (and Spit/Vit/GT6)
rack body assembly with built in plates for the rubber mounts to butt up
against. Note however that although the bodies were the same the tie rod end
assemblies are much more specific.
John Kipping