fot

More memories

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: More memories
From: Bob Buxbaum <snaponbob@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:36:27 -0500
Standing, FIRMLY pressed, against the chain link fence at turn one of
Daytona for the start of the 1970 Daytona 500. (The shear concussion from
all those 7 liter engines going by in a pack for the first few laps
actually HURT.)

Working the infield at turn 5 for the 1971 Daytona Continental for 24
straight hours. (When I got home to Cocoa Beach and showered off, I found
infield dirt in places I didn't even know I had!)

Blasting through the "kink" at turn 4 of Summut Point WFO in an autocross
Street Prepared 77 Honda Civic , and not having the courage left to go
through it that fast for the rest of the day!!

Bob and Mary Buxbaum
Chesapeake, Va.

snaponbob@cox.net