fot

RE: piston/bore clearance when using forged pistons

To: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: piston/bore clearance when using forged pistons
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@sunlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:33:24 -0500
Aaron,
That could be a number of answers given some of the variations in alloy used
by different companies. This then translates to varied coeffecients of
expansion which will directly have a bearing on clearance. My suggestion is
to contact the manufacturer and pose the same question to them. I might also
pose a question to your ring manufacturer as to what the best or recommended
finish is for the cylinder walls when using their rings. Again, there will
be some variation based on differing materials.
I suppose I have given you what is not an answer here, but rather a point to
a suggested direction. Nobody knows their product better than the
manufacturer and they're usually very helpful when contacted.

Best of luck.

Russ Moore
Spitfire #49