fot

Electronic SU Fuel Pump up for grabs

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic SU Fuel Pump up for grabs
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:19:41 EST
In a message dated 1/19/04 7:34:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:58:42 -0800
> From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
> Subject: RE: Cold Air Boxes
>
> > The points on the pump often needed some slapping around before they
> > felt inclined to work.  Changing out the points didn't seem to help
> > very long.  I suspect something causing the points to burn.
>
> Huge inductive kickback every time they opened.  There was supposed to be a
> condensor/capacitor to help suppress the spark, but it was frequently
> defective or missing.  Later units actually had a diode, which worked much
> better (but made it more of a hassle to switch battery polarity).
>
> Randall
> 71 Stag daily driver wanna be - with an electric SU fuel pump (temporarily
> replaced by a Facet)

Hi Randall, If you, or anyone else is interested, I have a spare new S.U.
Stag fuel pump,  which had an electronic conversion to get rid of the points.

There is nothing wrong with it at all, it is simply surplus to my
requirements because it doesn't work correctly on my Vitesse with it's 'swan
neck' fuel
tank exit pipe.

If you are interested, please feel free to make me an offer...

I can supply photos and other details.

Best Regards

Lion