fot

Number "4" & "44"

To: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Number "4" & "44"
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:56:41 -0600
Irv Korey wrote:
> Actually, the really practical TR racer is FOT Jim Hill. He always
requests
> number 1, number 11, or number 111. Then he duct tapes his TR6 and is
ready
> for tech inspection.

Geez . . . you have to wonder what the world's coming to when your most
closely guarded secrets are revealed to all the world by your own good
friends.

Some might think that using these numbers is just laziness, but the truth is
that I use them on the advice of my very first pit crew -- who all thought
it would be a good idea to use numbers that could be easily read
upside-down.

It was only much later that I started telling people that using only "1"s
was a weight-saving technique.

Jim Hill
Amici Triumphi