fot

1.5" Su's

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1.5" Su's
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:14:52 -0800
Well, I finally got my 1.5" SU set for the spitfire and I'm in the
process of outfitting them to work on my 1296 race motor.  The first
thing I noticed is that the 1.5" SU's really aren't 1.5" they are 1.386
on the out board side and 1.5" at the throttle plate.  My thoughts are
the first plan of attack should be to bore them out to 1.5" on the
outboard side along with the thinning of the shafts etc... Any opinions
on this, it was also suggested to maybe taper the bore on the way out to
increase velocity through the carbs...

What are the thoughts on blocking the balancing tube on the inlet
manifold between the carbs, and any starting points for needles/jets
would be helpful for a car with 13.5:1, cam is .560 total lift and 310
duration...

Also, I have a nice set of 1.25" su's for the 4 port spitfire head that
will be for sale soon.  I need to put new delrin bushings in them and
they'll be useable as is.  The manifold is ported and polished

All the best

Aaron Johnson
#38 F Production Spitfire Mk4 Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9