fot

Re: Balance tubes on carbs

To: <Editorgary@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Balance tubes on carbs
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:52:55 -0500
A few years ago, before I changed my TR3 over to Webers,  My car lost
some power during a race, but managed to finish respectably.  It
turned out that the clamp on the thottle shaft came loose and the
butterly was not opening.  The crossover tube must have been letting
enough mixture over to those 2 cylinders to keep it running OK.  I was
not just running on 2 cylinders.  I was worried that it may have done
some serious detonation damage, but everything was fine.  Joe(B)