fot

"Triumph Cars In America"

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Triumph Cars In America"
From: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:57:30 -0600
Recently finished reading the subject book which I had requested for
Christmas.  Great book!  Well written and really fascinating.  Anyone
interested in Triumphs and some of the commercial aspects should
purchase and read this book.  I had always heard and read in other
places how the TR motor was a Ferguson tractor engine.  Well, this book
set me straight that, although the TR motor did derive from the Ferguson
tractor engine, that engine was originally designed and used in the
Vanguard salon!  A spare crankshaft came with the racecar we are working
on and when I show this to folks they are truly amazed at it's
"robustness".
    A great job by Mike Cook and some really great vintage photos.

Tim