fot

Re: Synthetic GL-4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic GL-4
From: Alan Mizutani <alanocca@deltanet.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:01:02 -0800
Lion -

I use Redline MT-90 in my standard Spitfire gearbox and have found
that it shifts more smoothly. I chose this gear oil on Redline's own
recommendation (their engineers are happy to talk with you on the
phone and will readily make recommendations for your specific
application). They indicated that this oil will work well with the
brass synchros and yet offer adequate film and pressure qualities.
The only downside seems to be that the MT-90 slips more readily past
the oil seals than the "dead dinosaur" gear lube - Oh well, the
Spitfire is British after all....

Alan

--
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged
and confidential information and are intended solely for the use of