fot

Goat TR6

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Goat TR6
From: Walt Hollowell <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:32:29 -0700
As I travel around the state of New Mexico in my sales job I am always on
the lookout for a Triumph for sale. Last year I found six.
Yesterday I got a tip that there was a TR6 minus the front fenders,
engine/trans that could be had for the asking. I checked it out today and
sure enough- behind the geese pen was a 74 TR6 as described.Tub, rear clip
complete, good doors, differential still there, bumpers etc. I opened the
trunk lid and looking me straight in the face is a decomposing goat head,
complete with curling ram horns. I ask the owner about the goat head and he
said that a few months back they butchered the animal and just threw
head in the trunk of the TR6 so the coyotes and racoons wouldn't get to it.
I said that made perfect sense to me but what was he saving the dead goat
head for in the first place. He didn't have an answer for that question but
he said that he would be willing to keep the goat head if I really didn't
want it.
Walt Hollowell
Albuquerque, New Mexico