fot

New Excalibur shimmed axles and corner weights

To: John Price <jprice1@txcyber.com>, Group44TR7@aol.com,
Subject: New Excalibur shimmed axles and corner weights
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:05:33 -0800
 I've said this before, but one of the great moments in fiddling with Peyote
came when I rolled it onto my scales just for the heck of it (since you
can't adjust anything without changing springs, cutting or welding) and
found that with me standing in the drivers seat it was 50-50 front and rear,
and 50-50 diagonally, both ways. With all it's adjustments I can't get my
Radical even close to that. 'Splains a lot.

The process, though, if you're willing to do all that hacking and swapping
is to get yourself a set of scales (expensive) and try to get 50-50
diagonally.

On another note, I got my new Axles and shims from Excalibur today. They
look like super quality parts. I'm thrilled, except for the fact that I
spent a lot of time last weekend putting on my new Southwick hubs.