fot

RE: Nomination

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nomination
From: "David Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:12:26 -0700
My Dad (Retired in 1981 as an Army Major - with Honorable Discharges
from the Marines (Reserve grunt while in College), Navy (CT) and Army
(Signal Corp & Avaitor) hanging on his wall - now double dips doing
work for the Maries at Pendleton) has a great Rickover story that he
loves to tell.

A Friend of his was going in for a meeting with Rickover and when the
meeting started Rickover invited this young Officer to have lunch with
him.  Of course he said yes.  When the Soup was served the Young
Officer picked up his salt shaker and put some on his soup. Rickover
watched him do this and said "The interview is over. That soup was
already salted and I don't want an officer who makes decisions without
being aware of the facts."