fot

RE: Salted soup...was nomination

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Salted soup...was nomination
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:16:39 -0700
Looked it up on snopes (http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/salted.asp)
and while they indicate that Rickover, Penny and others are "reported" to
have used this example they give the year 1977 as the earliest print
sightings of the story.  In 1977 we were living at Fort Bragg, Dad was a
Company Commander with the 82nd and I was a Freshman at E. E. Smith Sr.
High School. I had heard that story from him long before we ever moved to
North Carolina and the habit of not salting my own food before tasting it
was already well ingrained (excuse the pun) sometime back in Elementary School.

I would not be surprised if more than one person has actually used this
example.