fot

RE: Torque plate

To: Gt6steve@aol.com, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Torque plate
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:07:37 -0800
I assume these are still wet sleeve engines, no? Shows you how little I know
about TR6. If so, unless you're doing production work you only need to do
one at a time. Most I've seen are probably 1 1/2" to 2" thick. If you're
going to do the honing in the block then you only need a top plate. If
you're doing it out of the block then you need a top and bottom (obviously).

I'm certainly no machinist. I'd guess Kas and Greg Solow would be pretty
much the last word on this.