fot

TR6 dry sump

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 dry sump
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:46:40 -0500
All,

Anyone ever dry-sumped the straight six?  I figure that
there is room to run a serpentine drive to a pump mounted
to the left and below the alternator.  A dry sump would also
allow me to drop the motor by up to 3".  I'll be running
solid mounts anyway.

Cutting the steel oil pan and rewelding it for less depth
and scavenge ports would be easy, and tapping the
motor for new inlet ports would also be straightforward.

What other gotchas are there?  Am I mad? (probably!)

Cheers,

Shane Ingate, on a perfect ragtop day, but sans ragtop, in Maryland

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!