fot

Thanks to all for comments on how fight unjustified ticket....

To: fot@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks to all for comments on how fight unjustified ticket....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:40:03 -0700
I could probably fight this one on my own, but I've decided to find a lawyer
near the court to represent me. The cost
will probably be higher than the fine, but, the fine and the increased
insurance rates combined will be much higher than
  it will cost to defend the charge.

And, as John Kipping has suggested, if I admit guilt where there is none, I
have committed perjury, a much greater
charge, a felony. Gonna use that one in court. *smile*

Now, if I'd used Jack Drews' line, I don't know if I'd gotten off.... But, I
think not, given the demeanor of the
arresting officer. Still, it's a good one to remember, given my gray hair and
beard and bald head. *smile*

And, thanks, too, to Dave Massey who has reminded me of the frontal area of a
300ZX and asking about the tilt of the
radiator--reminding me that the principal target of any vehicle is the metal in
front, and that the ZX is largely
composed of steeply-tilted glass and that the radiator is fronted by an a/c
condenser which is pointed down.

The suggestions to employ the aid of the National Motorists Association have
been well-taken, as well. I'll work on that
avenue, as well.

Thanks, all, for the comments and advice.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance.