fot

Stories of the Iowa Highway Patrol

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Stories of the Iowa Highway Patrol
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:27:36 EST
Jack isnt telling all of his stories, so it is up to me.  He made a Iowa
Highway Patrolman very angry because he could not keep up with Jack...the
patrolman was flying an single engine plane.

In 1962, I too, made one IHP VERY angry, as he chased me for about 25 miles,
he said.

I NEVER SAW HIM. It was in an extremely bad snow storm, a couple feet of snow
and hardpack, with visibility down to about zero. He couldnt catch me until I
was well into the city limits of Mason City, Iowa.

I was driving a 10 year Chevy Business Coupe with summer tires. That didnt
help me, I dont think. "Careless Driving" he said. He said he wanted to make it
"Reckless Driving".

Scofflaw II