fot

Re: Halkias Request to SCCA Comp Board

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Halkias Request to SCCA Comp Board
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:28:21 -0500 (EST)
Hi

Dave Wingett asked me to forwrd this to the list - Dave is right they need
member feedback on this issue. In my mind it keeps some Triumph folks from
taking the plunge to go racing. Read and respond (soon) to the Comp Board
(the address is in your FastTrack).

Regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |

Message from Dave Wingett:

      In this month's SCCA Fast Track, Sam Halkias has finally gotten his
request approved for "Club Input" on alternate (open) brakes other then
the E-Type Jag. ones.  This means that the COMP. Board will consider it if
there is any support for this change.  My reasons for this are 1) Jag
brakes are very expensive and are getting very hard to find.($300-$400ea)
2) The seal kit for a pair of Jag brakes is $100.00, and don't hold up, a
"NEW" Wilwood caliper is about $120.00.  3) Racing brake compounds are
very limited for the E-type caliper. We modify Performance Friction pads
for wilwood calipers.

      We need this!! Encourage anyone / everyone to write the SCCA Comp.
Brd to approve this request.  They don't have to have a TR6 or race at
all...just send an e-mail or letter or phone them.  Sam has been requesting
this for more than the 8 years I've known him.

      David W.