fot

PLN & Triumps

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: PLN & Triumps
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:06:47 EDT
The first time that I remember seeing PLN was whilst working on the TR3, from
the typically challenging Road Atlanta ARRC assigned paddock spot.  A far
from new van conversion motor home overheated on the hill, TR6 in tow, and none
other than PLN jumped out to see what the problem was.
 Some years later, after the great match of PLN and  KAS with the "new"
company  they wisely went to; I was on my way to receive the Mark Donohue
award, &
PLN was the first to jump up to shake my hand, cutting off the SCCA CEO :-)
with his enthusiasm.  When I said to him "Ah, ex Triumph racer" his grin said
more than many words.  No failure to communicate there.
 I never did learn if he saw the (I still cannot believe that it showed up)
quote in Sports Car about my having blue eyes, and long, skinny legs, & not
being an actor, but  being a pretender!
  Not very many US based Triumph racers know about the 4 door 2000 / 2500,
and PLN had one race prepped.
   Hardy