fot

RE: spit rain tires

To: "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: RE: spit rain tires
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:17:07 -0700
I'll second Rocky on the Dirt stockers.  But beware...they will be destroyed
in a race that you find drying track conditions, same with the Goodyear R-7W
tread pattern which I'm not sure they make anymore.  Both tires are good
downpour tires.

I took the original question a little bit differently than Rocky...it
sounded to me like you wanted street tires that were good in the rain.

I have a set of Goodyear F1 rain tires on the way and I'll get them mounted.
Reason being...although this is oregon and it rains a lot, the rain is
usually just piddling and I've found a drying track and raining at the same
time.  Both the F1's and the hoosier moulded rains are better for that
condition and pretty good in downpours...Size is 20x8-13 (except goodyear
rains are 20.5x7.5-13) and neither of the goodyears nor the Hoosier moulded
are D.O.T. approved.

Aaron

All the best

Aaron Johnson
#38 F Production Spitfire Mk4 Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9