fot

King Bearings, continued

To: "Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: King Bearings, continued
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:55:11 -0700
As a follow-up to my previous comments, here's an excerpt from APT's web
site
http://www.aptfast.com/APT_Parts/Triumph_Parts/t_Bearings.htm

"At the present moment the bearing situation is a nightmare!
One company, Dana Corp, owns most of the major engine bearing manufacturers.
These include, Glacier, Vandervell, AE, Cleveite
Some bearings are still available in the tri-metal VP2 type of bearing,
these are the Vandervell bearings, however, just because you have a 'box' of
Vandervell bearings does not mean that you have VP2!

APT has been buying old stock wherever possible, but this is coming to an
end.
So we will supply the best bearings where we can, and this will probably be
in the following order of choices:
Federal Mogul/Vandervell, AE, Cleveite, Glacier
The first choice then is the bearings with an Indium overlay, the next is
what are commonly called Lead/Bronze or Lead/Copper, lastly the "A" or "SA"
material which is what is normally used in all OEM engines, mostly because
they are slightly cheaper to make, and they deal with dirty oil better. "