fot

Knock Offs for wire wheels

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Knock Offs for wire wheels
From: Walt Hollowell <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:05:56 -0600
I run chrome wire wheels for my daily driver TR6 and Panasport knock off
wheels for autocrossing and road racing. I have two sets of knock offs which
over the years (both mine and the cars) have taken quite a beating I beat up
on my car's knock offs and my wife beats up on me. We both have the scars to
show for the years and miles.
On a lark I took one set of my TR6 knock offs to the chrome shop I use and
asked if there was anything they could do to dress them up other than my
ordering new reporduction ones from Vic British etc. The chrome shop did
poumded, ground, chromed and polished and it was as if magic was  performed.
I think they came out looking just great. I took some before and after
digital pics if any FOT members wish to see the results. I bought up some
cores from a British car mechanic and am sending them to the chrome shop.
These extra units will be listed on ebay in a few days. If any FOT members
are looking to get their knock offs refurbished you may want to check this
out on an exchange basis.  We are looking in the $30 each price range (this
price includes shipping). I can do both the eared or ocagon type knock offs.
If your Triumph uses knock offs you may wish to check this out. Just email
me and ask that I send you pics and details directly.
These knock offs looked so bad and now look so nice my wife wants the phone
number of the chrome shop to see if they can do the same work on tired old
husbands.

Thank You
Walt Hollowell
Abq., NM