fot

Thank You, was : Triumph World info needed

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thank You, was : Triumph World info needed
From: "fredd" <fal@knology.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:22:54 -0500
I like to give a big Thank You for all the reponses I received to my
question, this on and off list.
Waw, this proves how good this group works.

In the 80's, still in Belgium, we did a first (for us) auto conversion on a
elderky lady's TR6 that belonged to her late husband. We used her 2500PI
automatic as a donor.
Later we did two more from 2500PI's.
The 2500's were plenty and cheap part donor cars for us and other members of
the TR Register Belgium.

In the 90's, I imported a complete transmission with parts needed from
Belgium, from one such part car.
The idea was to build an auto TR6 for me, since I had much trouble with my
leg since a car wreck here.
Due to my health situation now, I need this conversion and the a/c to be
able to enjoy a TR.

The first response yesterday was from group member Steve Hedke.
He gave me a lot of good tips from the car he build for his dad.

Bill B mentioned the problems with this transmission, I've seen plenty of
them in Europe with good results, maybe bad luck, or the previous owner used
it hooligan style.
But since I just love the TR 6 cylinder engine, I prefer to keep a Triumph
used transmission in a Triumph.

Again, thanks for all the replies and tips.

Regards,
fredd