fot

Re: Salisbury Breakin

To: "William G Rosenbach" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Salisbury Breakin
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 21:20:05 -0500
And in a way, it also doesn't help that courses have become bigger, faster,
and need more room.

The first events I ever did were big-lot events in New York (any Mitchell
Field or Team-X or B.L.A.S.T. alumni on board?). But after really getting
into the sport in the Kansas City area, I became very accustomed to
small-lot events -- using one end of the lot when customers were parked at
the other end. I never had a problem beating Camaros and Corvettes with my
Spitfire (beating TR4s was near impossible). Seldom did we get out of 2nd
gear, And 10-foot gates and 25-foot slaloms were not uncommon. I once
replicated the Le Mans Sarthe circuit on a polished concrete lot that took
maybe 20 seconds to lap the course. Oh, and rules then did not demand 50-75
feet of separation from solid objects. I've never seen anyone hit the light
pole that was 10 feet inside the turn apex.

Progress, I guess....

--Rocky Entriken