fot

VIR Special Report

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: VIR Special Report
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:24:09 -0400
Hi all!

I am finally at a computer after ten days off-line (yes, TEN days -- how
did I EVER get by!?!) and just wanted to give those of you who did not make
it to VIR a special report before I get home and write the full one.

To me, this event was all about two people who have overcome extreme
hardship in their racing careers and have persevered through the challenges
and issues of mantaining and competing their own racecars.

One of them has had issues since I first met him in a racing context at
Mid-Ohio in 2000.  He worked on his car non-stop at that event and still
was not able to carry through and complete the weekend in the manner he
envisioned when he set out.  He has had issues at all of the national
events we have attended and has not been able to race at a competitive
level due to trying to get his car sorted out, problems fixed, and issues
overcome.

The other has had much the same story -- he has successfully competed and
had a great time at a lot of the regional events we have attended, but has
had nothing but bad luck at the national events.  He was not able to
compete at Mosport at all due to major engine failure, after traveling one
of the farthest distances to get there.

Both of these guys keep great attitudes and don't place blame for their
failures, as well as helping others in need.

The first fellow turned some of the best lap times of the weekend and came
in third in his group, behind Mike Jackson (1) and Jeff Snook (2) in their
beautifully-prepared cars.  He had done a lot of discovery about and work
on his car for this event, and it really showed.  He was recognized on the
winner's circle driver's podium with a wreath and green VIR scarf.  That
fellow is Henry Frye.

The second fellow towed up from Texas hoping everything would be good this
time and was immediately greeted by starter problems.  Thanks to a spare
starter from Henry (the traveling spares locker), he was able to get on the
track without a push-start and turn some of the best times in his history.
He also has done a lot of hard work to get to where he is now, and it
shows, and is one of the best-natured guys I have known (remember the
Vent-A-Block Web site???).  This fellow is Bob Kramer.

Congratulations to Henry and Bob, for overcoming adversity, getting their
cars in fighting trim, and doing a great job at VIR!!!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan     :)

http://mail2web.com/ .