fot

Re: Possible frame issue

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Possible frame issue
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:52:02 -0400
Marty Sukey wrote:

>Just to give you folks a heads up on a potential weak area on the TR6
>frames.

Only one weak area?  ;)

In my search to convert the "flexi-flyer" into something that resembles a
1970s race car,
I've invested in 40 feet of  chrome-moly tubing welded to the chassis,
applied continuous
weld to *every* weld point on the frame, and attended to the usual TR frame
fixes by
extra gusseting at the steering rack, lower-A-arm pickup points, upper rear
spring mounts,
and at all corners of the trailing-arm mounting beam.  At least now I can
jack up one
corner and open and close doors (this without a motor and gearbox, so I am
not sure
if this observation will change when the car is fully "dressed").

Shane Ingate in Maryland

MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/