fot

RE: Engine ID... thanks...

To: "'thomas strange'" <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine ID... thanks...
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:10:17 -0700
Tom,
The smaller diameter lifters were also installed on very early Spitfire
Mk1 engines.  I don't know what the changeover serial number is but an
engine I recovered from a parts car a while back had those small lifters
as well.

You should be able to bore the lifter channels to the later size.
You'll need to in order to use a higher lift and longer duration cam.

Joe (C)