fot

Cam Spring Advice Needed

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cam Spring Advice Needed
From: "Scott Janzen" <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 22:49:18 -0400
My GT6 has an unknown cam in it: duration 270 degrees at .013 clearance,
approximately .280 lift at the lifter.  Anyone know what the cam timing
should be?  It's a re-grind, but there are no identifying marks.

Alternately, I have a Crane cam that came with the car, .325 inch lift, 300
degree duration, intake opens at 47 degrees before TDC, exhaust at 83
degrees BBDC at .016" clearance, grind number F-254/325-8.  This one I have
all the specs for but am unsure what springs I can use with it.

Anyone have any "spring knowledge"?  Spec sheet says 85 lbs closed and 227
lbs open, so approximately 500 lb/inch combined inner and outer with stock
rockers.  I assume I can't use stock springs.  What are you guys using and
where did you get 'em?

Thanks for the advice, as always.  One of these days I'll post some pictures
of the beast.