fot

RE: -axle tubes

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: RE: -axle tubes
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:58:28 GMT
Why not just weld the tubes to the housing.  Since the housing is cast steel,
it welds fine.    Joe(B)

-- Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com> wrote:
I knew it.

Speaking of technical solutions, I need to take a picture of my method for
keeping the axle tubes from coming out of the differential. They are held in
with pins, and I've been shearing them off. Going to larger bolts still
wasn't enough, I clipped those off too. So I wrapped stainless sailboat
shroud cable around the whole thing and added a turnbuckle to tension it.
It's a thing of great Peyote Beauty (fits the general theme of the car
perfectly), works perfectly and doesn't stress the diff housing unevenly
like a rod across the top from flange to flange would. I'm leaving it in. I
can't wait to see what happens in Tech. Apoplexy, I'm thinking.