fot

Country Livin...v little LBC

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Country Livin...v little LBC
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 19:59:54 EDT
When last we saw Nick, he was standin on a chair screamin like a "Girly Man"
about scorpions...

OK, so I really don't like scorpions! In an effort to thwart further chance
meetings between us, I poured some sort of anti-scorpion juice around the
perimeter of the scatter and put out some glue traps inside in a few key areas.
Well, scorpions seem to be too smart for the glue traps, but mice aren't. After
proper ceremony a mouse sailed across the River Styx and all seemed well.
This AM I step into the shop to find that apparently there was a veritable
mouse
hootenanny on the hood of the race car! There were enough mouse pies to make
the hood look flat black! Could this be retaliation? Am I being paranoid? So I
push the Duke of oil out into the drive and give it a good hosing. Back into
the shop to put in my favorite Tom Waits 8 track in, and one speaker is mute!
After doing a textbook diagnostic, OK I stuck the speaker wire in my mouth and
it didn't tingle, I realized that the speaker wire wasn't conducting. After
pulling the wires out, I find that one or more of the aforementioned vermin
have
chewed the wire in half. Not only have the chewed through the wire, it
appears to have been coated in mouse spit so that there is a humongeous
hair/excrement mass around the break in the wire! OK, now who's paranoid?
SO, all is back to some semblance of normal until the morrow.

Anthropomorphism R us...
         Nick in Nor Cal