fot

Re: Header paint

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: Header paint
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:41:39 -0600
Jack,

Not sure if it would work, but a porcelain glaze. Don't know if the
exhaust temp is high enough to 'fire' the glaze. Seems as though they
porcelain coated exhaust manifolds in the '20s and '30s.

Kohler has an intense red they're quite proud of. It is a $1000 option
for one of their claw foot tubs. There must be something in it that is
very dear. It should keep its colour at temp and it is RED. I could see
it change colour when hot and return to original on cooling.

Might be worth looking into,
Bill

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:54:18 -0500 "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
writes:
> I have a customer who wants his stock exhaust manifold painted red. I
> can't
> find any paint that I think will stay on in a red color. I can find
> only
> black, gray, and aluminum.
>
> Does anyone know of a red paint for this? Will the brake caliper
> paints now
> on the market withstand this kind of heat for prolonged periods?
>
> uncle jack

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!