fot

Laguna and Deer

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Laguna and Deer
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 15:11:17 EDT
Ellie and I will be at the Laguna Seca event Thursday through Saturday with
Terry Larson
from WA with his Winfield-Ford Special.  the car will be by the Dennison Int.
operation.

During the first year of owning the TR3 that much later won Atlanta, We were
hit by a very large deer in residential greater Boston.  The deer deflected
the TR3 more than the other way around.  I did not have collision insurance,
but
the insurance company decided that
we had been "hit by a falling deer" so the comprehensive "covered" it to the
extent that I
received funds for the totaled car plus the car back.  I worried that the
police might not
look kindly at me, but they said that they had expected this to happen, as
the deer traveled along this aqueduct route right between the houses (this was
long time ago, litigation was not involved!)

We did see some deer from our Kevlar canoe in Mt. Lassen Natl. Park last
weekend,
a day after doing some laps at Thunder Hill.

  Hardy