fot

RE: Pix's from Monterey Historic Races

To: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pix's from Monterey Historic Races
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:46:59 -0700
Cool pictures. Looks like they were all shot on Saturday. Surprised not to
see Cameron Healy's Pooper in the sequence of sports racers up to 2000cc and
1955. He ran away with the race. Cameron and I are mutual nemesis'
(nemeses?)--it's usually either he or I that win in our class locally, and
you could usually toss a blanket over both of us at the typical finish line.
Nice to have a close competitor.

I didn't see the wreck, but I saw the aftermath before they got it
completely covered. I heard it happened either in or near the corkscrew. I
think the car was actually in two pieces--it looked that way. One of the
Ferrari Cliente' cars that they brought from Italy. That and Lulu Wang's GTO
were the worst accidents I saw, and they are VERY good at getting them
covered up at Monterey. You can be sure that if you have an incident you're
going to get grilled, baked, and toasted, but it will happen out of the
public eye.