fot

RE: Crankshafts

To: "'Dean Tetterton'" <Richtr@erols.com>,
Subject: RE: Crankshafts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:16:06 -0700
What's a dummy main?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-fot@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-fot@autox.team.net] On Behalf
Of Dean Tetterton
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 4:01 PM
To: Friends of Triumph
Subject: Crankshafts

           Has any body tried the steel crankshafts that are available
across the pond? Racetrations makes one with narrow big ends and dummy mains
between 1&2 and 3&4. It use's Steel rods that are made narrow. Not a bad
design but could have been better if made to use a stock Steel rod for
something else. AKA Chevy.
            Then there is Cambridge that has a nice change to the flywheel
end that use's a full rubber seal like a TR6 and 12 bolt attachment.
             Both of these are too expensive for me. Now if Moldex would
make one with the best features of each of those for a decent price, we
would be getting somewhere.

Just a thought.
Dean
I think I will have my crank checked this winter......
Honey are you listening?