fot

RE: Rev limiter revisited

To: "'Marty Sukey'" <mjsukey@eriecoast.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rev limiter revisited
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:53:23 -0700
Strange timing for this question. I just ordered all the stuff I need to
replace my Lucas distributor/Pertronics setup with a Mallory/Pertronics/MSD
6AL system. Of course it's a TR3/4 not a 6, but that couldn't matter. I
don't know what the tech at MSD was talking about, but Tony Garmy has been
running all the Hart race cars with that setup, and he tells me his
maintenance consists of wiping the dust off the distributor caps so they're
nice and shiny. You should be able to trigger the MSD with points if you
choose. The photo unit should work just fine, but a pertronics _might_ be
better--don't know why though. I assume you were speaking with a member of
the sales prevention team.

Here's Tony's recipe:

Hi Bill,
Moss motors    1 888 813 4689
Mallory dist.  Part # 143 180
Dist. drive dog        153 300
pin                         539 020

Summit Racing   1800 230 3030
Taylor wires       Part # spiro-pro universal wire set (8 cyl.)    * any
color You want*
Blaster 2 coil             # MSD 8202
coil braket                   MSD  8213
6 AL ign. Box               MSD 6420
Ask summit about a 4 cyl. pertronix for a mallory dist. or call pertronix
and they can tell you were to get one in Portland.

Take care

Tony G.