fot

Re: oil leaks

To: Friends Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil leaks
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:52:54 -0700
> Self Induced Rust Preventive....#59's way of self-preservation.
>
>> However, I now have the strangest condition -- the box members of my
>> chassis leak. I can see their outline in oil on the garage floor.

Series Land Rover owners in the North East usually save their old oil
during the year and spray it inside the holes in the frame sometime
during the fall to help retard winter salt slush induced rust.  They
sometimes announce frame oiling parties.  You are just a month or so
early carrying out a North Eastern big British car ritual.

T. J. Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California
  http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

A member of the internet community since 1985.