fot

Watkins Glen Entries

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>, <henry@henryfrye.com>,
Subject: Watkins Glen Entries
From: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:56:20 -0400
Another group that took track time from us was the pre-war cars.  SVRA had
extended an offer to the VSCCA and allowed their cars in even though they
did not comply with the SVRA safety requirements.  HSR did the same thing at
their June event at the Glen.  More cars equals more money!  I heard that
this event made up in revenues for SVRA what they had lost in the previous
events this year.  Oh well, we can vote with our pocket books and decide not
to attend next year if disatisfied.  I for one plan on going back next year!
It's one of those "big" events like the BRIC and I don't expect as much
track time.  But you still have the fun of the downtown event, seeing lots
of neat cars, hanging out at the Seneca Lodge bar, and best of all, seeing
all my TR buddies at the now "infamous" Beady Eye Racing wine and cheese
parties!

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff Snook
http://www.snooksdreamcars.com