fot

Re: TR-3A Wheel Spacers Needed

To: dave@microworks.net, fot@autox.team.net, b_close@cableaz.com
Subject: Re: TR-3A Wheel Spacers Needed
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:28:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/14/2004 8:07:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dave@microworks.net writes:

Anyone  able to help my friend?

>From: "Sandra Close"  <b_close@cableaz.com>
>To:  <dave@microworks.net>
>Subject: TR-3A  Wheel Spacers  Needed
>Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:26:55 -0700
>
>I am wanting to buy 1/4 inch wheel  spacers for my 1960 TR-3A.  I have a
>set of wire wheels that I  want to put on my car.  My car is currently
>equiped with disc  wheels and it looks as if I could use wheel spacers so
>that I wouldn't  have to cut my wheel studs.  If you know of a source
>besides Pep  Boys I would really appricate it.  Thanks Bill Close
(602)524-5351
=====
I know we're talking only one-sixteenth of an inch here, but numerous
service bulletins from Triumph over the years suggested that it was necessary
shorten disc wheel studs by 5/16" before fitting the wire wheel adaptors. Is a
1/4" spacer then really enough, or ????

No idea where spacers can be found, but it's a pretty common bolt circle on
the TRs.

Just wondering....

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)