fot

Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005

To: BillDentin@aol.com, N197TR4@cs.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Walter Mitty - MG TR Challenge April 2005
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:08:54 -0400
Bill,

I appreciate this well thought out response to the FOT at large. Obviously,
it is all a dollars and cents issue, as if somebody in the loop is losing
lots of money, there will be no more tracks to race at or sanctioning
bodies to organize events.

It just seems to me the "for profit" sanctioning bodies are getting fat and
have lost all interest in us, the small bore, grassroots community.

Luckily,  the "not for profit" sanctioning bodies are still catering to us.
My hat is off to FOT alumni Bob Wismer and Bill Dentinger of VSCDA, and
Mike Jackson of VDCA. I'll bet I am missing others who are involved in a
sanctioning body, I apologize for my omission to each and every one of you.

I will continue to happily pay my dues and run events put on by VSCDA,
VDCA, VARAC and the newly formed, northeast US based Vintage Racer Group,
headed up by Mark Palmer, the MGVR leader.

As far as your comment about track owners being squeezed for cash, I
certainly sympathetic. I have many thoughts about this that are well beyond
the scope of the FOT mail list, and I look forward to boring you with them
at Mid-Ohio next week!